Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pictures from YASC orientation 2013!

I am now realizing that it is difficult to put the experiences of the last two weeks into words, so while I do that I figured I could share some pictures from the last two weeks. I mean pictures are worth a thousand words right? Enjoy.

Opening Eucharist with Bishop Stacy Sauls (Day 1)

Day at the Episcopal Church Center, informative meeting with The Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori (Day 2)

The signing of the Covenant.

We got really good at this by the end of the two weeks. 

The group at Holy Cross Monastery, spiritual practice day by the Hudson River. 

On our free day in the City. 9/11 Memorial. I was impressed by the amount of security present at the memorial. This is a place that everyone needs to visit at least once. 

A sign located infront of the church that we attended on Sunday, Christ Church Tarrytown. Their flag had beed stolen one too many times so Rev. Susan Copley made this statement. It was an incredible service in both English and Spanish. The feeling of hospitality was overpowering, made us feel like we true members of the congregation.

Homemade empenadas for coffee hour. Can't beat that. 

The first stop on our Multi Faith Day in the city, Jewish Temple located in China town. 

Park 51 Mosque. Amazing info session with the incredible people fighting to enhance this place of worship and community center. 


Our final activity as a group. Create a 3-D collection of things we have learned from orientation and tips for other YASCrs embarking on mission trips. The bottom is my spiked ball of narrow-mindedness, something that can get anyone into trouble in the real world. 

Overall it was an amazing two weeks filled with laughter and cultural development. I hope this post does it some justice. Check out my fellow YASCrs Blogs over to the right! We are going to some amazing places all over the world. And leave your comment below! I would love to hear from you!




1 comment: